I frequently use Drafts to capture text on my iOS and Mac devices and Marked 2 to view markdown on the Mac. I was quite excited about Drafts getting support for streaming preview with Marked. You can find details about Drafts action here.
It did take me a bit to get this working - I can be a bit dense at times. Here’s what I did to get it working.
- Install the plugin on your Mac and put it in an appropriate actions group. I restarted Drafts but I don’t think this is required.
- Under the Drafts preference pane -> general tab, click on the “Enable Marked App Streaming Preview support” checkbox.
- Open the “Marked 2” application
- Click on the installed action “Open Marked Streaming Preview” action from your Mac. Alternatively, under the Marked “Preview” window click streaming preview. This will bring up the streaming preview window.
- Go to Drafts and start typing.
Highly recommend the action - it works great. Note Marked 2 is a Mac only application so this action does not work on iOS devices.
I hope this makes life easier for the next person installing this action.